(Principles are basic truths that, when applied, cause success to come to you easier and quicker.)
Actually your fears block you from attracting what you want. When you remain fearful you attract more of what you don’t want.
Here are some common fears which keep people from attracting what they want: – The fear of being “found out”
(showing your real and imagined weaknesses).
– The fear of scarcity
(to have too little is scary for anyone).
– The fear of a life without purpose
(singing the song “Is This All There Is?”).
– The fear of rejection
(from your very first date up to your very last sale).
The old advice was to attack, conquer, or overcome your fears. But we now know that to push against anything makes it grow larger – “What you resist, persists”.
Instead here are actions you can take to deal with the above-listed fears:
– Strengthen your personal foundation to eliminate the fear of being “found out”.
When you work on strengthening your personal foundation, you lessen the fear that someone will find out you’re not perfect. You’re not, anyway, and with a strong personal foundation you don’t care that someone knows!
– Build your reserves to eliminate the fear of scarcity. List the areas where you already have reserves and notice how different your energy is. Then pick one other area and build reserves there.
– Discover your values to eliminate the fear of a life without purpose. When you orient your life around your values you will be led to your life’s purpose.
– Give up trying to please everyone to eliminate the fear of rejection. Play with the people who want to play with you. It requires that you become clear about who you are and what you want. When you are not attracting what you want, look first at what you fear.
Copyright 1999 Steve Straus. All rights reserved.