(Principles are basic truths that, when applied, cause success to come to you easier and quicker.)
It’s useful to look at Intuition in its component pieces. Doing so can show you where you may improve your benefits from it.
1) HEAR. This is the biggest step. In order to hear the oft times subtle voice of intuition you will want to tune in to noticing it. Intuition can be the “still, small voice,” and it can be a lot louder. Either way, you have to have the intention to hear it. And the capacity to do so.
2) GET. You will want to develop the skill of pausing to notice that the message you’re hearing is about….you! It’s easy to believe that what you’re hearing is about someone else, especially if it’s not what you want to hear.
3) TRUST. Trust that you will never receive guidance from your intuition that will lead to damage for you. Uncomfortable, maybe. Thrilling, also maybe. But never damaging. It may take practice for you to learn to trust.
4) ACT. Acting on your intuitive guidance without first running it through your “thinker” will probably take some practice. Having developed trust will help.
5) BENEFIT. This is the feedback step. What did you learn from acting on your intuition? The feedback will help you in the first step, Hearing.
Coaching Point: Where, recently, have you discounted your intuition?
Copyright 2008 Steve Straus. All rights reserved.